Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week 15

I am not happy that I fell off for a bit with this blog. Sadly, I don't even really have enough photos to blog for those weeks. I have been in a little bit of a rut again, or maybe I just never got out of it before like I thought I did. I am getting to a point where I am really frustrated with my camera. I am feeling some of the limitations of it. I really need to be able to go to a higher ISO. I went bowling with the family and really needed something higher than 1600 but that is the max my camera goes to. Even if I had a speedlite it wouldn't help in situations like that. In my house it is the same situation sometimes. Yes, I have the lightscoop but I would rather be able to just crank my ISO a little more and not have to worry about flash. I have been saving up Amazon cards that I get from Swagbucks (if you don't already use swagbucks you should! You can sign up through the banner at the bottom of my page) and also when I trade in my books as I am done with them. Originally I was going to buy a speedlite but I think I will hold off on that, sell my kit lens, and maybe even my 50mm. I need to really work on a new body. I know, I know...glass before body but when I am feeling the limitations that I am and missing shots with my kids I think I need to go for the new body. I have my 85mm and my Tamron (and my 50mm if I decide to keep it) so I think that should be good for a bit, then I will add in the 50 1.4 and 100L then eventually something wider. With my kids being in sports that are indoors and us doing other family things indoors I think that is what I need to do. It is sad that even at 1.8 and ISO 1600 I just can't make it work.

In other news, Aubrey is potty trained already! She was showing signs of being ready again (she went a month before where she went a lot then just stopped) so I buckled down and went with it. For 2 days I let her run around naked and took her to the bathroom every so often. She only had a few accidents. Then I started right with underwear. It only took her 4 days to be dry during the day. It has been a few weeks and she is now dry at night as well. She was waking up a little wet almost every day so I kept her in diapers. The last 2 nights she went to bed in underwear and woke up dry. The other day I took her to the fair and put a diaper on her. On the way home she had to pee. She kept screaming potty but we were almost home. I told her to pee in her diaper and she wouldn't. She held it the 10 minutes until we got home! I was shocked but also very proud of her. I am glad that she seems to have taken after Asia with potty training instead of Amya. It may sound weird but it is a little bittersweet. My last baby isn't a baby anymore. It's crazy that a month from today she will be 2.

Enough babbling...I tend to get off track when I have a lot on my mind.

The family went bowling a week ago (yes, it has been a week since I picked up my camera, and I am just now editing these). I didn't get any great shots but I will share a few I somewhat saved. It was Aubrey's first time getting to bowl. When we lived in Germany we went bowling a lot, this was the first time since we moved here. I took some of Asia and Amya of course but they were not as easily saved :( I will keep them as mommy shots but they are just not good. I can't get the color good enough and my shutterspeed was too low since I needed more light.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

She had a blast. Now that she is a little older I think we will start going more often again. I signed the kids up for the summer bowling where they get 2 games each DAY free. If you want to add in adults it is only $24.95 for the entire summer for 4 adults. I didn't buy the adult pass since I am unsure how much we will use it. If you want to find a location that offers the same deal and to register go here http://www.kidsbowlfree.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment