Asia and Amya were so in love with my dad even though he wasn't around much since he worked out of state then we moved to Germany. That didn't matter to them. They still talk about him all the time. Part of the reason I got more interested in photography is because I don't have many shots of me with my family or my kids with my family. I want that to change. I wish I could go back in time and capture more moments with my dad. I have the memories but sometimes I worry that those will fade one day and I will have nothing.
This shot of my girls is from the morning of my dad's funeral. It was a tough day. We let them pick out what dress to buy. Asia talked about how she wanted to pick one out grandpa would love so she can look pretty for him. My grandma gave them both lockets so they could keep a piece of grandpa with them. It was an emotional day that I will never forget. These smiles are what helped me through it though.
What a touching photo, thank you for sharing that precious memory.
ReplyDelete