I decided to post some of the photos that I have hanging in my living room. They are nothing spectacular but I love them. No one could ever understand the kind of feelings I went through while I waited in that gym for my husband after 15 months, unless they have lived it themselves. My heart was racing, I kept wanting to cry, it was just very emotional and exciting. We went through a lot during that time so him coming home was such a relief. I had my closest friend there taking photos for me and her 12 year old daughter took a video.
My girls (in the shirts I made for them) and I waiting for daddy

They went a little overboard with the smoke machine! It was crazy that out of 100 or so soldiers, mine ended up RIGHT in front of me, yet he didn't see us lol. I don't think he expected us to be in the front row and right there in his face. If you look at the guy next to him, he is holding a video camera. He is amazing. I have so many photos and videos from Iraq because of him. He would hide it in their room and get their conversations on video, it is funny to watch. The video he made there at the ceremony started at the beginning of their journey home, it was about 20 minutes long and captured flights, bus rides, conversations etc. It was great for me to be able to get some inside views of my husband and the guys that he spent 15 months with.

No caption needed...probably my favorite photo from that day

The family shots did not turn out so great. There was so much commotion so everyone was distracted. I am just grateful I had someone there to capture the moment for us.


Amya had a tough time at the ceremony. She was only 3 so I think she just didn't understand all of the commotion. It took her a few days to get use to being around daddy :( That breaks my heart and I am happy that Aubrey will not have to remember what it was like not having daddy home.
If you enjoy pulling out some photos from the archives, link up with Jen at 525,600 Minutes here for Flashback Friday.

Wow, this made me cry!! What a great day!!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh!! tears.
ReplyDelete