Friday, April 29, 2011

Flashback Friday!

It took many years to get to this point. This point being that my sister and I are close. We fought a lot in our pre teen and teenage years. When I was pregnant with my first at such a young age she was downright mean to me. It was tough always trying to be the bigger person but I always did it, holding out hope that someday we would have a "normal" relationship. It took her getting pregnant with her first for her to finally come around. A friend of ours' mom told me that it hurt my sister when I got pregnant because she was always told she would never be able to carry a baby full term (she now has 3 healthy babies!). It took my husband joining the Army before she really came around. While he was away for training we became close. Once I left for Germany it just took off from there. We now talk several times a week, sometimes even several times a day. As much as I don't want to move back to Nebraska, I am looking forward to hanging out with my sister and my nieces and nephew a lot more. My oldest niece knows me well but I have only been around my nephew twice, and never met my newest niece.

This one is when I went back to Omaha for a month when my grandpa died. We really bonded during this time. My husband was in Iraq and we sat together a lot in the middle of the night with our grandpa.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

A few months later I paid for her and my niece to fly to Germany to be with me for a month. My husband planned it before he left for Iraq, he wanted me to have something to look forward to and help pass the time. We had a great time together. I was able to show her around my town and we went to Paris together. This photo is us together on the elevator going up the Eiffel Tower. I love this photo of us, it was also my dad's favorite before he died.



I hope my girls don't go through as much drama as we did. At least I know that if they do, things can turn around and they can always be there for each other.

Join in on Flashback Friday at 525,600 Minutes.
Flashback Friday

2 comments:

  1. That's great that your relationship has grown. My sis and I have a rocky one at times and I wish we could get back to being friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are both gorgeous. i can totally relate. im so much closer to my oldes sister as we are now at similar places in life. with my own girls i can see now why my parents got so upset when we fought. i hate it...

    happy friday.

    ReplyDelete